Heather's Free Tatting Patterns

~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thoughts for the day

I get this article daily in my email from the DAILY OM it never fails when I need it they have an eye opening article or one to just make you feel better about life. Right now we are going through alot (hubby and I) with finaces, jobs etc... our relationship is great it could never be better and in the 10 years we been married its always been good but within the past year it got better we became closer in ways i cant explain unfortunately it took a sudden death of my Sister in Laws husband to make us more aware and to appreciate each other alot more. We both have our goofy ways with each other but we understand why we do the things we do or act they way we act... I am also coming to terms with some other things in my life, things I have chosen to keep buried and its hurting me mentally and physically with my weight. I am not obese or gaining weight uncontrollably but diet like a crazy person I can do it and I will for about a month and then I fall off because its not working as I would like it etc... I do have another blog explaining all this but its kind of secret anonymous type thing. Hubby told me to start it for my own little place to get things out etc... If anyone is interested in knowing where it is or what I am talking about let me know privately in an email and I will send you a link. If you read it you will understand the reason for secrecy.
Like I said this article is a nice one so read it if you have the time :)
Heather
-----------------------
October 30, 2008
Burning Brightly
Allowing Your Soul To Shine

At times, we’ve all wanted to crawl under a rock and hide away from the world. We may have preferred to be invisible rather than let other people see us or notice that we exist. This desire not to be seen often happens when we are feeling very hurt, angry, or simply weary of the world. And while we may console ourselves with the defense that we are shy, an introvert, or a loner, we may actually be hiding.
When we hide and make believe that we are invisible, we can think that we no one sees us even though, truthfully, we are only really hiding from ourselves. And while we may try to live life as inconspicuously as possible, we only succeed in becoming more conspicuous because people can’t help but notice that we are trying to hide our light. None of us are meant to hide; each one of us radiates a unique brilliance that is meant to illuminate the world. When we try to dim our light, we diminish the natural radiance of the Universe, and we deprive the people around us of the unique gifts and talents that we are here to share.
Stepping out of the wings and letting your light shine is actually a way to serve the planet. We each have a responsibility to contribute to our community, and we do this when we let ourselves be seen. It doesn’t do anyone any good when we try to hide. We are all beings of light and we are here to light the way for each other. When we let ourselves shine, we become a bright mirror that others can see their own reflected brilliance through, and they can’t help but want to shine also. Shine your light out into the world, bless those around you by sharing your gifts, and watch the universe glow.

1 comment:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

What a powerful article! Thank you for sharing.

I would be interested in reading your other blog. (And hubby is right, blogging is terrific therapy)
ladyshuttlemaker@hotmail.com