Heather's Free Tatting Patterns

~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, December 5, 2008

took a tatting break

Well since kiddos love to just bother me and say numbers alot and laugh when i screw up and have to re count I seen my amethyst jewel yarn laying by me I "tried" to tat with it but that just didnt work out very well because it got too fuzzy and i ended up sneezing on each ring and chain LOL Sooooooo I thought why not try to make a scarf that I been wanting to make myself for about ohhhhhh lets see 3 years HA HA!! So it began This is one thing I can do without a lot of thought or counting. I will save my tatting for when i get up early in the morning for some peace time for myself.
Here it is so far:

The color is much prettier in person than on the picture.

On another note I got about 3 more designs to do for my next book I was working on it while working on the bells book so that will be my limit for this year 3 books LOL
Here is a sneaky peek at 2 motifs I am doing.

Ok I said 2 I meant 3 LOL the middle one is my most favorite and the very 1st time I am using the split chain and truthfully i fell in LOVE with it. so there are gonne be a few more split chain patterns in the book...
I do have a question for you designers and pattern writers out there. do you write the sc the same as a sr?
you know like SR: 2 / 2 cl rw SC: 2 / 2 rw
THANKS
Heather

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

The patterns are great Heather.

My husband does the same thing as your kids with the counting thing!

EVIL!!!

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

Thanks so much!!
I know they are so evil arent they, lol
Heather

Steph's (tat) Stuff said...

Those are cute motifs, very unusual. Great job.

Carol Lawecki said...

Hi Heather, I enlarged the photo of the scarf, and the color is very rich, so pretty!

Your designs are are great. I really like the one with the split chain. Guess I'll have to learn it now. Good luck on the book!