Heather's Free Tatting Patterns

~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, September 12, 2009

1 ringy dingy, 2 ringy dingy and a Celtic Shamrock



lol I may be a bit young but remember lilly tomlin on Laugh in... My mom always loved it, Tiny Tim cracked me up with his TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS :)
Anywhoo lets get to the point of this post :)

Remember Jons tutorial on wrapping a ring with tatting with the needle. I tried it and it worked I love it...




I started one and ran out of thread :( but got bored with it and decided to try a smaller ring its in Mulberry size 30 thread and 1/2" ring my daughter already claimed it she wants me to make the other one to match for earrings... Its not perfect but its my 1st try...








I did a custom dyed thread for a customer she wanted an irish thread with greens golds and black its called Ruth's Irish... I had to tat a shamrock for it, I just had to. I tatted Ruths Celtic Shamrock its not the same lady though. Once I get her seal of approval on the colors it will be made available...

7 comments:

Krystle said...

Love that Irish thread! Beautiful!

And I'm going to have some time to tat today..... so I'll do that last test tat you sent me. So sorry it fell off my plate! We are buying a house and working and just staying busy.

❦TattingChic said...

I ♥LOVE♥ your title for this blog post. I love whats-her-name (Lily Tomlin?) on Laugh In when she would do that skit with the phone operator who snorted when she laughed...that was so funny!

Nice tatting. I especially love the Celtic Shamrock! NICE WORK! :)

~TattingChic ♥

nima said...

wow...awesome....

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

Thanks all!! Ohhh Krystle it will be fine take your time :) I still have about 8 patterns to type out and its not the top thing on my list at the moment I understand about the house stuff it gets REALLY hectic... Tatting Chic I love that skit too that snort cracks me up and when I crack up alot I tend to snort LOL THANKS for the compliments EVERYONE!!!!

Gina said...

Heather, I'm sending someone local who came to our lace guild today to your site. She is a needle tatter learning to shuttle tat.

I like your blog set up but the print is hard to read now. Maybe change the color of the font or make it bigger, bolder somehow?

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

Thanks Gina
Send her my way I will try to help her the best I can... I will mess with my page again THANKS A MILLION!!

KrafterB said...

Here's an idea for your 'bored' tat-ring (1) earring...confusing for me to say! Use the 1 tatted ringy-earring thingy as a pendant for a necklace...you could even attach a pretty bead or charm to dangle on the 'inside' of the ring! Just a thought...I used to tat alot before arthritis took over...aka TatrB Designs and Krafter B (mostly now, Rhonda B) Loved viewing your site.